Volunteer Intake Specialist Details
Volunteer Reports to: Hotline Manager
Summary: The volunteer intake specialist will assist in the intake screening and resource referral process for callers in crisis. Volunteers will utilize online system (HMIS) to clarify caller’s circumstances and connect caller with local resources to assist in his/her crisis situation.
– Answering incoming calls
– Returning voicemails
– Screening callers in crisis via HMIS
– Connecting callers with crisis response resources appropriate to their circumstances
– Other essential duties as requested by Hotline Manager
– Must complete and pass an online criminal background check through Verified Volunteers (invitation sent via email upon completion of volunteer application)
– Present a casual-professional appearance and a friendly demeanor
– Be punctual and attend dates as scheduled
– Respect and maintain the boundaries and confidentiality requirements as instructed in orientation
– Human services and call center experience desired, but not mandatory
Training & Supervision:
– Attend volunteer orientation
– Invited, but not required, to participate in other trainings after orientation and background check are completed
– On-site training & supervision conducted by either Hotline Manager, Intake Specialist, orexperienced volunteer- approximately 10 hours
– Minimum one day per week (shifts typically 2-3 hours), for at least 3 months</br>
– Work experience in the human services field, crisis response, and with homeless population
– Knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of our community
– Meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and families in crisis
– Potential to earn Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (100+ hours of service)
Volunteer Intake Specialist:
The volunteer intake specialist will assist in the intake screening and resource referral process for callers in crisis.
Read the Intake Specialist Volunteer Description
The volunteer receptionist will assist in the operation of ForKids’ main office administration.
Read the Volunteer Receptionist Volunteer Description
Volunteer Beyond the Bell Tutor:
The volunteer tutor will assist in the operation of ForKids’ Beyond the Bell (formerly Hot Meals and Homework).
Read the Volunteer Beyond the Bell Tutor Description
Volunteer Retail Associate:
The volunteer retail associate will assist in the operation of ForKids’ thrift store, Good Mojo.
Read the Volunteer Retail Associate Description
For Volunteer Opportunities:
Jessi McFadden, Volunteer Coordinator
(757) 622-6400 x.137 or [email protected]